Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rushing Into Tomorrow

It's 11:41.  Late.  And I'm only now starting this. Oh well.  Never mix raiding and blogging.  It's a juggle, let me tell you.  Probably a short post tonight.

~*~*~*~*~

Rhea looked up, raising her eyebrows at Aoede.  "It certainly took you quite a while to get here.  I was under the impression you could pop in and out at will."

Aoede shrugged dismissively.  "Oh, I can.  However, your... summons wasn't exactly what I would call urgent.  So I walked here."

"I see," drawled Rhea caustically.  "Well, shall we sit down?"  She gestured to the table behind her, taking her seat quickly and looking expectantly at Aoede.  The Muse sat, smoothing the cloth over her legs.  She smiled indulgently at her companion.

"Do what do I owe the honor of this meeting?"

Rhea leaned in close, her face a blank mask.  "I want to talk to you about two things.  The first being Jane.  The second being yourself and what you profess to be."

"Of course," replied Aoede.  "I'm more than happy to discuss either subject with you."

A look of surprise crossed Rhea's face before she hid it.  She didn't lean back in her seat.  "Very well, then.  Since you seem amenable to the topics, let's start at the beginning, shall we?"

No comments:

Post a Comment